Robert Half International Human Resources Assistant in Madison, Wisconsin
OfficeTeam is always seeking Human Resources Assistants to support busy, growing HR departments with companies in the greater Madison area.
Daily responsibilities for a Human Resources Assistant may include:
· Partnering with hiring managers to craft job descriptions
· Writing, uploading, and monitoring job postings
· Scheduling interviews for hiring managers
· Screening candidates’ resumes
· Conducting initial phone screens and/or interviews
· Assisting with new employee orientation
· Managing the new employee onboarding process, including scheduling drug screens, tracking background checks and new employee paperwork
· Data entry of employee files into the HRIS system
· Participating in special projects/recruiting initiatives including assessment of best practices in recruiting and sourcing
· Attending career fairs and virtual recruiting networking events
· Answering employment questions from internal employees
· Assisting the HR team with additional projects like open enrollment of benefits
· Previous human resources experience (including internships) is strongly preferred
· Strong customer service skills
· Associates and/or Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
· Great attention to detail
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.