Robert Half Retirement & Investment Service Specialist in Madison, Wisconsin
Hybrid Accounting Manager role in Madison, WI with 2 days remote! For immediate consideration contact Jon Wright at 608-338-1052.
Robert Half is currently looking for a Retirement and Investment Services (RIS) Specialist for a retirement and financial planning company. This position is a registered financial services representative who provides excellent customer service to existing and potential customers of the organization. The RIS Specialist is responsible for providing, evaluating, and improving program administration services for the Tax Sheltered Annuity Trust 403(b) and Individual Retirement Account (IRA) programs; providing technical expertise to associates who directly serve customers and ensuring forms, brochures, web content, programs, processes, and procedures comply with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules and regulations. The incumbent responds to inquiries from members about retirement and investment questions, takes and enters mutual fund trade orders, provides calculations, and enrolls members into 403(b) and IRA programs.
· Respond to member inquiries about mutual funds, investment allocation, regulations relating to contributions to and distributions from 403(b) and IRA programs, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), and death distributions.
· Execute financial planning calculations, investment portfolio analysis, Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) benefit calculations, and Social Security (SS) benefit estimates.
· Complete mutual fund orders for trades and fund allocations at the request of members.
· Calculate earnings/losses for adjustments.
· Identify and educate customers on potential 403(b) and IRA exchanges, transfers, rollovers, and Roth conversions.
· Enroll interested individuals in 403(b) and IRA programs.
· Assist RIS Manager with quarterly investment and model portfolio reviews. Perform semiannual investment reviews and analyses, IRS research and compliance reviews, and update forms and brochures to reflect changes.
· Assist RIS Manager in 403(b) and IRA program retention and growth initiatives.
· Review beneficiary and QDRO required distributions schedules.
· Recommend changes to processes, procedures, and programs to ensure compliance with IRS laws and regulations and improve the administration and delivery of services to members.
· Participate in projects to evaluate and/or improve RIS programs and services.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Personal Finance or related field or commensurate experience, specifically in high level customer service.
· Knowledge of at least one of the following: Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 403(b) and 408(a) and the pertinent regulations, WRS, SS, or retirement planning concepts and techniques.
· Commitment to providing excellence in customer service
· Effective leadership that results in achieving desired results, including collaboration and team building, objective establishment and implementation, and project work.
· Current Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Series 6 or 7 and 63 securities and State of Wisconsin (additional states also required) life licenses or the willingness and the ability to gain within six months of appointment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems, research and analyze issues.
· Ability to quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work duties, processes, and technologies.
· Ability to work independently and to effectively establish, monitor, coordinate resources, and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge of IRC Section 403(b) and 408(a) and pertinent regulations, WRS, SS, and retirement planning concepts and techniques.
· State of Wisconsin and other state life licenses.
· Experience utilizing either financial software programs or online record-keeping systems (SmartDesk, AWD, CORE, Morningstar Principia Pro; and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access preferred).
· Retirement plan and/or IRA program administration experience.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.