Robert Half International Plant Controller in MARYSVILLE, Michigan
Robert Half Finance and Accounting is seeking a a determined Plant Controller to join one of their clients team! In this role you will be responsible for making plans, organizing, control and direct all accounting functions at a small to medium size plant including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting and financial analyses and forecasting in an effort to meet corporate and divisional short-term and long-term financial goals and objectives. This is a full time opportunity located in the Marysville, Michigan area. For immediate consideration, please reach out to David Sehoyan at 248-205-5582 Ext 48122.
· The Plant Controller will provide strategic financial support for our operations
· Includes oversight of two direct reports.
· The plant controller is a key member of the management team and is the owner of continuous plant financial analysis using facts, data and financial analysis tools to ensure plant profitability is constantly being maximized. This includes reducing manufacturing costs and maximizing product financial returns. This position is the “financial eyes and ears” of the factory working closely with the operations team to understand, analyze and challenge the operations from a financial perspective.
· Responsible to ensure adequate financial controls are in place for all plant financial reporting including inventories and fixed assets.
· Responsible for extracting plant shop floor data to ensure manufacturing variances are understood and actionable based on the collection and analysis of data.
· Responsible for accurate product costing and to ensure accurate valuation of inventories.
· Responsible for all monthly manufacturing variance forecasting and reporting and the annual budget preparation.
· Responsible for analyzing all plant capital spending requests to ensure accurate financial analysis and appropriate expenditure of funds.
· Responsible for plant onsite coordination of all plant audits.
· Provide financial support for our global R& D and IT functions.
Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
Standard cost accounting and internal controls experience is needed.
A minimum of 5 years experience working in a manufacturing accounting with a recognized best in class company.
Must have experience working with a multi-product manufacturing standard product costing system and MRP system of which is driven by multi-product product bills of material.
Must have strong accounting skills including a good understanding of IFRS accounting guidelines.
Must have experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment and possess lean skills
Must have strong IT systems/database skills working with multidimensional reporting tools to retrieve and analyze data.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.