Robert Half Senior Accountant in Memphis, Tennessee
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the integrity of all the accounting information of the company. The Senior Accountant’s duties will include assuming a leadership role to guide accounting personnel in daily tasks, reviewing financial data to assist with forecasting decisions, and communicating with the Executive Council about financial strategies.
• Establish the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
• Analyze complex financial reports and records
• maintenance and development of production, purchases, import and export, freight, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and shipping, documentation, and submission of inventory, and accuracy and validity of inventory
• Complete gross margin analysis of inventory and provide feedback to assist wit cost decisions
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
• Making journal entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial transactions.
• Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports
• Facilitate audits and bank examinations by providing documentation to auditors as requested
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
• Protects company’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as needs arise
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
• 2-4 years accounting experience required, preferably in the manufacturing industry
• Inventory management experience is a plus
• Ability to multitask and work in a professional team environment
• Punctual, reliable, trustworthy, and oriented toward customer service
• Comprehensive understanding of accounting practices and procedures
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or related programs and ability to learn other accounting software systems
• Experience with NetSuite is a bonus
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
Requirements NetSuite, Manufacturing Cost Accounting, Cost Accounting, Annual Inventory, Inventory Analysis, Fixed Asset Inventory, Inventory Reconciliation, Inventory Reports
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.