Robert Half Accounts Payable Clerk in Menlo Park, California
Robert Half is hiring a contact to permanent Accounts Payable Clerk (or Specialist) to join a client's team in Menlo Park, CA. This role reports into the AP Manager and you will receive training - entry level candidates interested in a career in accounting are encouraged to apply!
The Accounts Payable Specialist works with a team sharing responsible for the full cycle accounts payable operations for job supplies, equipment and materials and maintaining accurate vendor information.
How you get to contribute:
• Route and review invoices for proper approvals and coding and verify accuracy and completeness of documentation and process invoices.
• Follow up on any, errors and discrepancies and invoices not returned on time
• Set up new vendors, request W-9 and follow up and update vendor maintenance information
• Check purchase orders, packing slips, and other applicable back up for invoices
• Assemble and process approved invoices and disbursement requests on the AP Batch Invoice transmittal
• Print and send out approved checks for release and maintain e-file checks and reports
• Monthly reconciliation of vendor statement and clear any outstanding invoices and checks
• Respond promptly to inquiries from vendors and other departments
• Other duties, as needed
Required Job Skills:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Team oriented and able to work with complex systems
• Attention to detail and accuracy for all work
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and work independently
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Computer Skills and Experience:
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must operate 10-key by touch and enter data quickly and accurately
• Previous experience with accounting system is helpful
Education and Experience:
• Minimum AA degree in accounting
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.