Robert Half Corporate Paralegal in Menlo Park, California
We are seeking qualified candidates to provide paralegal support to the lawyers supporting an investment and operations team of a fiduciary for a $30 billion Merged Pool, which comprises the substantial majority of this research institute's investable assets. Annual payouts from the Merged Pool support teaching, learning, and research across a wide variety of disciplines. This is a great opportunity to move in-house, offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
• Support all aspects of the investment process, including coordination of communication between the legal, investment and operations teams, due diligence, document preparation, closing mechanics and processing, and post-closing administration.
• Draft and review contracts and other investment-related documents, such as confidentiality agreements, amendments, withdrawal requests, certifications and compliance filings.
• Prepare state and federal regulatory and compliance and informational filings.
• Respond to information requests from other university business units.
• Maintain an efficient legal filing system and manage retention of electronic documents.
• Assist with ethics and compliance programs.
• Gather and analyze data in support of business initiatives.
• Completion of a paralegal certificate program approved by the American Bar Association.
• Three years of related experience in corporate transactions/finance.
• Two year degree
• Private fund formation experience is a must.
• Familiarity with investment process and investment office middle- and back-office processes and procedures.
• Proven project management skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle shifting priorities with flexibility and patience.
• Proficient in common office computer applications.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exercise good judgment.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.