Robert Half International Cash Application Specialist in MENTOR, Ohio
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
• This position is responsible for applying cash against open Accounts Receivable (A/R) for both advertising and circulation accounts.
• This position assists in account research, A/R reporting and aging, and other accounting tasks as needed.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Mavro and Run the lockbox to Circulation and/or Advertising interfaces.
Work error reports from interfaces (such as from the lockbox).
Apply payments that were identified as exceptions from the lockbox operation.
Perform account research on A/R balances to provide advertisers with statements and account history.
Process any manual cash applications.
Reconcile bank receipts to the Accounts Receivable balances.
Field inbound calls from advertisers, field; answer inquiries.
Critical customer service support to sales organization and outside customers.
Prepare and submit balance write-offs.
Work misapplied/unapplied balances. Research account balances to correct issues.
Field questions from sales organization on open balances and accounts on credit hold.
Complete credit card, lockbox, and e-lockbox processes.
Use and maintain A/R collections module in Circulation System(s).
Perform daily cash balancing and reconciliation including three way match: system, bank, general ledger.
Support Collections when account questions arise.
Other duties as assigned.
Ability to analyze and resolve problems with moderate supervision. Expected to take initiative to refine procedures, use tact and diplomacy in servicing the client and communicating with others and demonstrate ethical behavior.
POSITION SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Accounting process and controls knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Ability to read and comprehend written instructions (including process, policy and procedures manuals), correspondence and financial documents
• Able to write and organizing correspondence (generally in e-mail)
• Ability to hear, comprehend and speak clearly when communicating information and instructions in conversations with other employees and vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to create Excel spreadsheets using formulas as needed.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to apply common sense understanding and execution of instructions in written or oral form
• Strong analytical skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Team collaboration skills
• Occasional, moderate job stress due to deadlines, downtime and number of escalated issues from off-site locations.
• Must be able to attend work on-site during normal business hours to process secure financial transactions.
Reports to the Cash Supervisor. Works regularly and frequently with the Collection Specialists.
Requirements Cash Applications, Microsoft Excel, Accounts Receivable (AR), Customer Service
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.