Robert Half International Tax Manager - Public in MICHIGAN CITY, Indiana
Description The Tax Manager is responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objectives, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. In this role, the Tax Manager is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues, and recognizing and communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy. In addition, the Tax Manager will be involved in the marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise and specialization and may be asked to provide written tax advice to clients.
• Successfully manage tax engagements, groups and teams of all sizes
• Be familiar with the qualifications of all staff members, review staff assignments, assist in recruiting, developing and training the professional staff
• Follow the progress of the work throughout an engagement and manage client expectations
• Communicate Firm policies and technical information through individual or group meetings
• Represent the Firm in professional and service organizations, communicates and reinforces Firm culture, and mentors and coaches others
• Assist partners with practice development and identify, follows-up and close on additional service opportunities
• Responsible for billing and profitability of all assigned engagements
• 5 -8 years of public accounting experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting
• Prepared and federal, state and local tax returns for individuals, partnerships, and corporations
• Exposure to general ledger accounting and financial statement reporting
• Extensive use of Microsoft Excel & Word and experience with tax software
• Passion for maintaining/building client relationships, managing client expectations, while demonstrating knowledge of client businesses Requirements Complex Tax, Complex Tax Return, Tax Preparation, Partnership Tax, Partnership Tax Returns, Federal Tax Return, Corporate Tax Return, Public Accounting, Public Accounting Tax, CPA, CPA Firm
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.