Robert Half International HR Assistant in Midland, Texas
The HR Assistant is responsible for performing general Human Resources related duties in support of regional operations and corporate HR. Specific areas of focus may include recruitment/onboarding, employee relations, training, employee tracking and reporting and contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems and processes.
This role will work under the direction of the Regional HR Manager and will specifically align and coordinate activities with other functions both within the region and corporate.
· Builds and maintains strong working relationships with employees at all levels within the region and organization.
· Assists HR Manager and Operations team in tracking employee rig assignments and facilitating transfers based on business needs.
· Runs and reconciles various reports from MS Excel (Pason vs. Oracle, etc.) on a daily basis.
· Processes internal paperwork for employee status changes such as transfers, separations, promotions, etc. and maintains physical and electronic files.
· Assist operations with developing and maintaining hiring forecasts.
· Work with the Talent Acquisition team throughout the recruiting process to open job vacancies, facilitate candidate interviews, and manage applicant’s status utilizing the Company’s applicant tracking system in compliance with established process requirements.
· Participate in local job fairs, industry associations and outreach activities.
· Facilitate drug screens and coordinate the new hire on-boarding process.
· Provide various HR related reports to management such as hiring activity, EEO reporting, metrics and statistics, or other reports as required.
· Assist with Reductions in Force and coordinate replacement employees with the Operations Department.
· Conduct exit interviews and input data into the system as required.
· Administrative duties or other duties as assigned.
Must be bilingual as well as have a Bachelor's Degree.
Proficient, MS word, and Excel
The successful candidate will: set high standards of performance for themselves and others; be professional in written, verbal and personal communications in any situation; seek opportunities to learn and develop new skills, knowledge and experiences; have an analytical mindset that can utilize factual data to develop creative and business-oriented solutions; be self- aware and adjust accordingly to different environments and audiences; and be flexible to adapt and adjust to an ever changing work environment.
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.