Robert Half International Human Resources Generalist in Midland, Texas
Human Resource Generalist needed in Midland, Texas. This is a direct full-time opportunity that will report to the Vice President of Human Resources.
As the Human Resources Generalist you will be responsible for:
• Consult with line management regarding day-to-day performance management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Work with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase engagement, productivity and retention.
• Deliver other human resource services, e.g., training, onboarding, FMLA/ADA/WC analysis, etc. as needed.
• Assists with FMLA/ADA/WC analysis and resolution.
• Writes memos, corrective action and other written reports.
• Develops and conducts 1:1 and group training, including Brown Bag lunches, virtual town hall meetings, etc.
• Conducts exit interviews for assigned client group as directed. Provides summary, reports and recommendations from data acquired.
• Reviews roadmaps and provides initial one-on-one training to new managers in the organization as requested.
• Assists in developing metrics and analyze trends in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
• Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with Human Resource leadership as needed/required.
• Works with Human Resources Representative in completing unemployment claims.
• Oversees policy and job description review schedules in PolicyTech. Partners with leaders in developing and/or revising job descriptions.
• Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources, preferably as an HR Generalist.
• BS or BBA degree required.
• SHRM HR certification preferred.
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines that may include: Talent Acquisition and Retention, Employee Engagement, Workforce Management, Learning and Development, Total Rewards, Organizational Effectiveness and Development, Diversity and Inclusion, Risk Management, Employment Law, HR Technology and Talent Management including goal setting, performance management and succession planning.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of general HR practices, strategy and technology.
• Remains current on relevant laws, legal rulings and regulations.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess excellent Excel skills.
Human Resources (HR) Administration
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $36.06 - $38.46 / Hourly
Location: Midland, TX
Date Posted: February 17, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 04190-0011709612
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative