Robert Half Managing Director in Midland, Texas
Description • Coordinate and provide assistance in administering health, safety and environmental programs
• Assist with the implementation and compliance with the TETRA Health, Safety and Environmental Management System
• Work closely and effectively with employees while providing HSE training (especially new employee training and/or current staff refreshers) and assistance to ensure a safe, healthy and incident free workplace
• Work closely and effectively with supervisors and managers to ensure employee compliance with HSE policies and procedures
• Function as the HSEQ Champion to further employee understanding and compliance with HSEQ policies and procedures
• Champion the Behavior Based Observation (BBO) Program by training and encouraging employees to participate by submitting Behavior Based Observations (BBO) and Hazard Recognition Reports (HRR)
• Provides analysis and monitoring of different HSEQ programs including Key Performance Indicators
• Provide assistance with employee injuries and provide case management, in conjunction with the TETRA Corporate HSEQ Team, for all injured employees
• Provide input into case management for employee off-the-job injuries ensuring a safe return-to-work
• Ensure all employees have current company and customer mandated training and certifications Coordinate scheduling of employees to attend training (or to complete training), as required to ensure a safe, healthy and incident free workplace
• Maintain HSE training records for employees
• Review incident reports for accuracy and maintain reports within the TETRA HSE incident Tracking System
• Leads and/or participate in the investigation of incidents, identifying root causes, and assists in initial report preparation. Prepares a timely final report of findings with recommendations for corrective actions
• Conduct site visits and ensure field personnel have completed the required HSEQ Training, are complying with HSEQ policies and procedures and are equipped with the necessary HSE Equipment
• Determine corrective or preventive actions where indicated and work with the operations managers to ensure implementation of corrective actions
• Manage cost and inventory of HSE supplies to ensure employees are properly equipped with necessary equipment, while effectively managing company resources
• Develop and maintain Emergency Response Plans for all facilities, as required
• Plan and conduct drills of the Emergency Response Plan
• Perform contractor safety management system reviews and assist in contractor selection with respect to safety qualifications and history
• Inspect and audit facilities/work sites to detect existing or potential safety, health and/or environmental hazards
• Perform HSEQ related monitoring and assessments for noise, toxic exposures, heat and cold stress, safe work practices, etc.
• Assist Managers and Supervisors in conducting various types of Risk Assessments
• Provide training for DOT and CDL requirements within the Region, as well as insuring DOT documentation is up to date, assisting with periodic audits
• Assist the TETRA Technologies Inc. HSEQ Team in HSE related tasks when required
• Other duties as requested and required
• Associates degree or BS/BA in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering/Science or closely related field of study preferred
• Prior experience supporting upstream energy services and/or production operations strongly desired
T Requirements Budgeting - Forecasting
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.