Robert Half Accounts Payable Supervisor/Manager in Milpitas, California
Our South San Francisco Robert Half client is ready to train! If you have been a hands-on AP Lead in the past, or if you believe you are ready for a hands-on AP Lead position, this is the job for you!! Our Robert Half client is willing to train on the Lead portion of this great job if you are up for the challenge! The Accounting Payable Lead shall be responsible for:
• Perform high volume full-cycle accounts payable process, including receiving, coding invoices, process check requests, and weekly payment runs.
• Own the AP disbursement process of vendor and contractor payments (ACH, wires, checks, etc.)
• Ensure discounts and timely payments of vendor invoices by setting them up for weekly check runs.
• Process employee expense reimbursements in accordance with Company reimbursement policy.
• Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
• Reconciles monthly & weekly statements, and resolve all identified issues.
• Manages company credit card reconciliation, processing and reporting.
• Implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, relating to accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
• Manages monthly closing of AP records.
• Maintains AP files and year-end files.
• Completing annual 1099 filing.
• Perform any other related duties and assignments as required.
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Abilities)
• B.S. Accounting/Finance preferred
• 5 years’ experience in accounting or accounts payable.
• Previous experience in the logistics and transportation industry preferred, not required.
• Experience working with Logistics software preferred, not required.
• Previous experience with high volume AP transactions.
• Strong knowledge of Excel(Pivot Tables, V-Lookups,etc).
• Strong attention to detail, goal oriented and excellent customer service skills.
• Must be detailed and accurate with numbers and in data entry
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
• Knowledge and ability to place a high emphasis and maintain controls surrounding financial reporting as pertains to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures) and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures).
Strong understanding of Accounts Payable. Have been an AP Lead in the past, or are ready to become an AP Lead, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Payable (AP), VLOOKUP, Pivot Table
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.