Robert Half HR Benefits Specialist in Minneapolis, Minnesota
We are seeking an HR Benefits Specialist to join the Human Resources department for our Minneapolis client. In this role, you will support our client's respectful, inclusive, and high-performance culture by handling day-to-day administration of their U.S. and Canada health and welfare benefit plans and playing a key role in our benefit communication strategy for employees and partners.
How You Will Contribute
• Recommend and assist with policy and plan modifications as needed on an annual basis or as dictated by legislation. Play key role in projects related to benefit changes.
• Liaise with vendors regarding participants’ claims issues.
• Serve on the Well Ahead Steering Committee and advise the Committee on benefits-related issues and communications.
• Work closely with benefits vendors and brokers.
• Proactively assist with legal compliance of plans including ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, Health Care Reform (ACA), etc.
• Assist with and provide information needed for annual audits of ERISA plans.
• Assist with required filings (IRS 5500 forms and 1095 forms) and distribution of SARs.
• Proactively assist with communication strategies relating to benefits. Draft communications relating to all benefit plans, including enrollment changes, plan changes and other general information, annual Benefits-in-Brief summaries and benefits orientation materials for employees and partners.
• Prepare presentation materials and conduct benefits presentations to various audiences, including: annual New Hire Benefits Orientation, one-on-one benefits orientation for U.S. and Canadian lateral partners throughout the year, and annual open-enrollment presentations.
• Assist with updates to summary plan descriptions.
• Coordinate annual open enrollment processes. Work with brokers to prepare annual open enrollment materials.
• Promote safety including ergonomics as it relates to Workers’ Compensation.
• Assist with administration of retirement plans as requested.
• May be requested to perform other duties not mentioned above.
Apply to day or reach out directly to Jason Pfieffer via LinkedIn to learn more about this organization and opportunity.
What We’re Looking For
· Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience in benefits administration.
· Knowledge of legal requirements relating to health and welfare plans.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
· Solid project management skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
· Strong technical background with Excel and large HRIS systems such as UKG.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or a related field.
· Prior work experience in a professional services firm (law firm, accounting, consulting, etc.).
· CEBS Certification.
Prior experience with retirement plans administration.
401k - RRSP Administration, Benefits Administration, Benefits Coordination, Compensation & Benefits, External Communication, Health Insurance, HR Compliance, Insurance (Disability), Onboarding, Workers Compensation
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.