Robert Half Medical Coding Auditor in Minnetonka, Minnesota
A healthcare client in the South Metro is seeking a Medical Coder to join their team.
MUST BE A RESIDENT OF MINNESOTA
• Strict adherence to CMS approved guidelines for ICD-10-CM coding and AHIMA’s Standards of Ethical Coding.
• Adheres to established policies and procedures to translate and assign appropriate ICD diagnosis codes, CPT procedure codes, and CPT modifiers to each chart according to the documentation contained in the medical record according to coding guidelines.
• Query providers if there is inadequate documentation which to base code assignment
• Maintain an accuracy rate of 95% or higher and achieve that rate in compliance reviews
• Perform and assist with analysis, trending, and presentation of audit / review findings, outcomes, and issues
• Maintain minimum productivity rate of 12 charts per hour from 6 months to a year; thereafter, 18 charts coded per hour productivity expectation
• Other work activities include matching, problem solving, entry of charts into database, and working on coding denials
• Accurately enter charges for billing and tracking into PWPM and various databases
• Work with Patient Financial Services to resolve coding issues and billing denials
• Support department work in areas facing staff shortages due to vacancies
• Collaborates with and supports other coding specialists, acts as a resource when needed
• Medical coders are responsible for making sure the assigned codes meet all federal, legal, and insurance regulations so service payments are obtained in a timely fashion
• Adhere to attendance policies regarding participation for required training or meetings
• Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned
Requirements EHR SYSTEM, IBM AS/400, Management System, McKesson, Medisoft, Appeals, Billing Functions, Claim Administration, Collection Processes, Collector, Medical Coding, CPT Codes, CPT Hcpcs Codes, ICD-9, ICD-10
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.