Robert Half Staff Accountant in Mission, Kansas
Robert Half is partnering with a company in Mission seeking an entry level Staff Accountant to support maintaining financial records and reports, daily transaction processing, account reconciliations, month end close and financial statement preparation as well as many other tasks to support the Accounting department as well as the business partners throughout the company. This incumbent will be part of a dynamic team, will have the opportunity to interact with employees throughout the organization and will directly report to the Director of Accounting. This is a great opportunity to use your skills while enhancing your knowledge base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enter daily transactions and accrual entries
• Track fixed assets, accounts receivable, and prepaid expense balances
• Prepare and post journal entries
• Assist with the month-end and year-end close process
• Reconcile bank statements at the end of the month
• Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports
• Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
• Willing to learn new things to enhance skill level
• Comply with department, company, and industry policies and/or guidelines
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year college or university; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Great Plains experience preferred
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to manage time in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to collaborate with a team effectively
• Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High math aptitude
• Understand, evaluate and apply generally accepted accounting principles
This is currently a remote position however may return to the office in Mission, KS. Candidates must live in a reasonable commute to the Kansas City area or Mission location to be able to report to the office on a routine basis.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.