Robert Half Jr. Accountant in Modesto, California
We are looking to partner with an entry level accountant. You must have an eagerness to learn and develop in your craft while taking direction from the company's accounting department leader. As a Junior Accountant, you will not only put the accounting theory to practice, but for this company, you will also learn the wonderful traits of financials within an agricultural company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for some accounting activities related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, and financial reporting, ensuring that records are maintained properly by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions while resolving any discrepancies.
• Assist in month-end closing activities.
• Contribute to developing processes to streamline timely reporting of accounting information.
• Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
• Prepares financial reports and various accounting statements.
• Posts journal entries to general ledger.
• Ongoing review of some amortization schedules & inventory balances.
• Maintain files necessary for financial reporting and ensure accounting reconciliations, and reports are completed as required.
• Reviews billing statements, invoices, and similar documents for accuracy; alerts supervisory staff of any discrepancies
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Account Reconciliation, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation, Account Reconciliation, Bank Account Reconciliation, Ledger Account Reconciliation, Journal Entry Preparation, Journal Entry, Prepare Financial Reports, Month End Close
If you would like to be considered for this role, contact Robert Half at 209.279.5191 for immediate consideration today!
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.