Robert Half International Financial Analyst/Manager in MOKENA, Illinois
Description Responsible for supervising, coordinating, implementing and maintaining effective cost accounting processes. Oversee and influences the financial performance of locations, business units, product lines, overhead costs and operating expenses. Coordinate and publish key plant level reports. Provide expertise cross functionally to ensure cost continuity. Prioritize as required while overseeing the work of assigned team.
· Analysis of monthly inventory variances to determine whether the variances are appropriate and whether costs are reasonable; verify accuracy of perpetual inventory reports; verify accuracy of annual physical inventory results; process owner of annual update of standard costs; preparation of month end reports. Supervise the Cost Accountant function.
· Review and verify component costs that have been entered. Resolve/correct any errors found with Purchasing and/or Inventory Control.
· Complete and Review monthly account reconciliations, including inventory, accounts payable, fixed assets and misc. accounts payable.
· Maintain the Company's fixed asset ledger, including updating the database for additions and disposals. Coordinate periodic fixed asset verification.
· Implements periodic review procedures to ensure machine and aftermarket selling prices are reasonable based on cost; including evaluation of bills of materials with appropriate departments and analysis of results.
· Ensure control environment over inventory and expenditures is appropriate to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
· Review ERP set up for inventory costing and expenditures and test new functionality as necessary.
· Assist with annual audit as directed; assist in gathering information for annual budget process. Other projects as assigned
Job Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
· Good leadership, management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of accounting for inventory transactions; general knowledge of accounting rules and regulations.
· Good analytical, communication leadership, and interpersonal skills.
· Team player orientation.
· Adapts quickly to changes in priorities, receptive to additional responsibilities, and ability to meet deadlines required.
· Proficient with ERP systems; PeopleSoft, Data Warehouse and reporting platform experience a plus.
· Proficient with Microsoft office, specifically Excel.
Professional Work Experience
· Five to Seven years of Accounting/Finance or related business experience is required.
Educational and/or Training Requirement
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
· CPA and or CMA preferred. Requirements Cost Accounting, Manufacturing Cost Accounting, Inventory Analysis, General Ledger, PeopleSoft, Warehouse Inventory, Supervisory Oversight
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.