Robert Half International Sr. Cost Accountant in Monrovia, California
Our firm is looking for an interim cost accounting consultant. This consultant will ensure the accurate and timely preparation of all financial reports, calculate and record monthly cost of goods sold, monitor cycle counts and investigate and report significant variances to Global Director Cost of Accounting, prepare monthly operations review package, monthly gross profit analysis, and monthly budget to actual comparisons emphasizing significant variances. Additional duties could include monitoring the Accounts Payable area for accounting records and coordinating Accounts Payable and Cost Accounting efforts with General Accounting Manager to ensure accurate and timely close. This consultant will value inventories (Raw material, WIP, FGI) and record book to physical adjustments and analyze and record inventory reserves as appropriate. A resource based in Southern California is preferred for this need.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
· Minimum five years manufacturing cost accounting experience in an environment utilizing integrated manufacturing control systems, preferably in a job cost system.
· Demonstrated good understanding of cost accounting principles and manufacturing control systems, including costing, planning/scheduling, variance calculation and shop floor control.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent analytical, prioritization, decision-making, and management skills.
· Excellent PC skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel.
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with remote or on-site jobs for interim and long-term opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.