Robert Half Accounting Specialist in MORGANTOWN, Pennsylvania
Looking for an Accounting Specialist in the Morgantown, PA area! The Accounting Specialist is responsible for all aspects of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Also performs a variety of duties, such as maintaining computer based and paper files, answers office inquiries, and performs administrative tasks.
• Post and classify daily receivable transactions, prepare deposits, and maintain accurate
records of each day’s transactions
• Provide monthly customer statements and perform collection responsibilities
• Work with customer to resolve payment discrepancies
• Interact with Sales team to resolve outstanding issues
• Review and edit customer invoices to reflect proper freight and handling charges
• Review and validate customer rebate files
• Set-up and maintain customer or vendor accounts, verify references, maintain credit limits
• Maintain accurate Sales Tax Exemption Forms
• Answer general information to customers
• File and archive financial records
• Process all accounts payable transactions including vendor bills and FedEx, UPS, and other
Freight Bills, obtain proper approvals, and ensure accuracy of each transaction and
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Strong analytical skills – detail orientated
• Strict confidentiality of company financial information
• Problem solver – willing to brainstorm solutions collaboratively
• Ability to maintain bookkeeping records
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Aptitude for basic accounting principles is required
• 1+ year(s) accounting experience is required
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite is required
• Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system is a plus
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.