Robert Half International IT Infrastructure Manager in Mount Arlington, New Jersey
As Infrastructure Manager, your set of responsibilities will include providing day to day leadership and guidance in overseeing the health and security of the network and server infrastructure, fostering a workplace culture that is consistent with the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization and ensuring the highest quality of the work and maximizing the productivity of the IT Department. This role will be a combination of IT management and technical project work. Responsibilities include:
• Work with senior management to develop and facilitate the IT strategy for the organization.
• Manage information technology and computer systems
• Manage a team of technical IT resources including a mix of employees and contractors
• Provide direction, instruction, guidance, and ensure the overall efficiency and effectiveness of IT team resources
• Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems
• Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing infrastructure by creating, supporting, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
• Establish efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure
• Occasionally have hands-on involvement w/ LEVEL 3 network and server support / projects
• Be the "go to" technical resource for any escalations from your team
• Be expected to take part in designing and researching of future upgrade projects for the company
• Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers
• Collaborate with peer managers to determine first-priority efforts and assign resources accordingly.
• As part of team management responsibilities, hold regular team meetings, create, and monitor team member goals, hold periodic 1x1 meetings with team members, foster career development, and participate in meetings and status with the management team.
• Perform other related duties as required
• Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality as required by the position
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and lead others
• Ability to adapt to a diverse and ever-changing environment • Excellent critical thinking, problem resolution, and interpersonal skills
• Extremely detailed and organized.
• Strong understanding of business goals
• Ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
• Strong technical background with ability to perform and deliver under pressure
• Ability to build, lead and mentor a high performing team
• Provide expertise in IT industry best practices, technologies, and architectures.
• Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to efficiently organize and juggle multiple project responsibilities to meet deadlines
• Active listening and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills
• The capacity for creative problem solving
PLEASE SEND RESUMES DIRECTLY TO THOMAS.PORTESY@RHT.COM
VMware, Linux, Oracle
• A minimum of (7) years’ experience working as a Network / Server Administrator
• Minimum of five years of management experience.
• Experience managing projects, big and small, on your own
• Experience w/ support ticketing systems and network monitoring software
• Experience installing, updating, and troubleshooting Windows 10 operating systems, as well as desktop and laptop hardware
• Experience w/ network-based Antivirus and cybersecurity software solutions
• Experience installing and supporting Windows 2012, Windows 2016, and Windows 2019 Servers (both operating systems and hardware)
• Experience installing Linux (both operating systems and hardware)
• Experiencing installing and supporting network-based printers and copiers
• Experience configuring / troubleshooting network switches, firewalls, and Wi-Fi equipment
• Experience installing and supporting virtualization technologies including VMWare
• Experience with implementing cloud-based infrastructure
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $120,000.00 - $130,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Mount Arlington, NJ
Date Posted: October 12, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 02710-0011587098
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT