Robert Half Sr. Accountant in NAPERVILLE, Illinois
Description Robert Half is looking for an External Reporting Accountant for a client in the western suburbs. The External Reporting Accountant will assist in consolidations and reporting in accordance with IFRS. This role will have exposure to international teams and support the annual external audit. The ideal candidate will have prior audit experience or strong industry experience with external reporting under either US GAAP or IFRS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with monthly consolidations of financial results to ensure timely and accurate reports.
• Prepares journal entries, monthly account reconciliations, and other monthly financial statements.
• Ensures country and divisional inter-company accounts are reconciled monthly.
• Assists in the year-end preparation of audit schedules.
• Analyzes consolidation procedures with the objective to identify best practices.
• Determines and creates the required project deliverables.
• Assists leadership in implementation and rollouts of large-scale projects and performs other special projects as required.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Successful External Reporting Accountant will have:
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• CPA preferred.
• Knowledge of the process for recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transaction in accordance with company, statutory, tax, cost, and reporting requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Knowledge of financial analysis strategies.
• Ability to understand, reconcile, and substantiate balances in associated General Ledger accounts.
• Analyzes and interprets data.
If interested, please contact Brian Keating at 331-264-5688. Requirements External Reporting, Consolidations, IFRS - Intl Financial Reporting Stds, Microsoft Excel
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.