Robert Half FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR in Nashua, New Hampshire
Description • Analyzes and evaluates financial viability of students and families. Advises students and families regarding all Federal, State, and University financial aid programs, including the application procedures, cost of attendance, budgeting, maintaining eligibility, and other general questions.
• Serves as the first contact for the Office of Financial Aid with greeting visitors, answering phone calls and providing information and materials.
• Provides phone, email, and in-person assistance with financial aid matters including, but not limited to, completing financial aid paperwork, submitting online FAFSAs, and answering questions.
• Exercises professional ability to make eligibility determinations and award decisions. Packages and awards student financial aid in accordance with institutional and governmental policies and regulations.
• Participates in outreach projects, financial aid seminars, student orientations, and workshops held on campus and at off-site locations in coordination with the offices of Admissions, Advising, Registrar, and others as needed.
• Certifies all new students upon student enrollment, accurately identifying program of pursuit and indicating credit hours, term dates, transfer units accepted, and proper progression toward approved program
• Evaluates loan eligibility and certifies loan applications, promissory notes, and other financial documents.
• Conducts orientations, and entrance and exit interviews, in accordance with school, state, federal, and other agency guidelines.
• Analyzes student data and completeness and accuracy of data. Notifies students of discrepancies and incomplete or missing documents.
• Assists with preparing various financial aid informational materials, form letters, forms, etc. for parents, students, SFS/Financial Aid Office staff and other institutional offices.
• Assists with monthly and yearly reconciliations between PowerFAIDS, CAMS and COD.
• Monitors enrollment and withdrawals and adjusts awards appropriately. Completes enrollment verification for assigned populations before origination and disbursements begin for the semester.
• Monitors Satisfactory Academic Progress at the conclusion of each semester and monitors mid-year grade level increases. Adjusts aid accordingly.
• Maintains student records.
• Cancels aid and update accounts for students who have cancelled their acceptance to Rivier.
• Reviews selective service registrations for students who had not registered at the time of filing their FAFSA.
• Maintains current knowledge of federal and state aid regulations as they relate to assigned duties as well as institutional goals and objectives regarding financial aid. Requirements Account Reconciliation, Prepaid Account, Postpaid, Student Financial Aid
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.