Robert Half International Financial Aid Specialist in Nashua, New Hampshire
Robert Half is looking for an individual to join a local higher education institution in the Student Accounts and Financial Services Department. This is a contract position, which is on-site. If you have experience working in higher education and would like to help make a difference with the local students, this may be the role for you.
• Provide information and assist students with student account-related functions through the main Student Financial Services phone line, email address and any walk-in customers. Will guide both prospective and current students through the entire financial aid process. Interacts face-to-face with many students.
• Determine the customer’s individual need; provide appropriate forms
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, a variety of financial and enrollment related information to students and parents. Explain aid programs, application procedures and eligibility criteria. Respond to questions regarding billing, financial aid, payment deadlines, tuition rates and 1098T forms. Documents all pertinent conversations with students, families and other parties in CAMS and/or Powerfaids.
• Receive and review paperwork in regards to student accounts for completeness and accuracy.
• Bring outgoing mail to mailroom, pick up incoming mail from mailroom, sort all incoming mail appropriately.
• Manage incoming payments through mail, phone and walk-ins.
• Responsible for keeping student accounts up to date with accurate payments, tuition and fees as well as updating holds and billing categories.
• Posting of outside scholarships/discounts/payments to both systems.
• Assists in collection activities which includes placing collection calls and providing guidance on missing financial aid paperwork.
• Thorough knowledge of, as well as encourage and empower students to utilize, online portals, Net Partner and others.
• Prior experience working in higher education or the education field
• Knowledge of student account and financial services
• Ability to multitask and work independently
• Experience with school software and financial service software programs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work on-site and have flexible scheduling
If you, or someone you know, would be a good fit for this role, contact us ASAP!
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.