Robert Half International Financial Reporting Manager in New Orleans, Louisiana
Exciting new role for a Financial Reporting Controller in the CBD of New Orleans with a growing local company in an dynamic industry! Our client is looking to start the interview process in the coming weeks to replace this critical role with their well-tenured team in a tight-knit group with a company that takes great care of its employees! The ideal candidate will come from a public accounting and mid to large corporate accounting mix with both a CPA and previous Big 4 audit/assurance strongly preferred. The potential hire must possess solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles and be able to manage the high level accounting and finance functions while supervising the day to day accounting staff. The role requires at least seven years of relevant experience and great interpersonal skills to work with all levels in the organization including the C-suite.
Everyday you will be responsible for:
• Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
• Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
• Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
• Coordinating activities of external auditors
• Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
• Managing the budget process
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
• Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
• Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
• Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
• Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
• Hiring, training and retaining competent accounting staff
If you are a CPA or candidate with 7+ years of public accounting and/or mid to large corporate accounting experience overseeing the accounting operations and staff, this could be an excellent career move for you! Great base, benefits and paid parking! For extremely confidential consideration, please apply directly or call Carrie Lewis, CPA at 504-383-0612. Thank you for your interest in Robert Half Finance and Accounting!
CPA or CPA candidate with 7+ Public accounting and/or corporate accounting experience supervising accounting team with Financial Reporting expertise, Month End Close
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.