Robert Half Associate, Desktop Support in NEW YORK, New York
Description • Primary desktop support for New York office.
• Secondary desktop support for ICBC Standard Resources global offices.
• First level support for all market data applications within the New York office.
• Provide first level support for Veritas network backup solution.
• Maintain scheduled backup jobs, review status of nightly jobs, restore data as requested.
• Physically load the tapes, monitor the job, unload tapes and arrange for off-site storage.
• Maintain physical add, moves and changes for computer equipment.
Enter, update and close tickets for support calls into the centralized call tracking system.
• Train end users on effectively utilizing desktop hardware and software applications.
• Maintain inventory for hardware and software for the New York office.
• Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
• Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals
• Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
• Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
• Conduct remote troubleshooting
• Test alternative pathways until issue resolved
• Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
• Record technical issues and solutions in logs
• Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support
• Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
• Report customer feedback and potential product requests
• Help create technical documentation and manuals Requirements Microsoft Windows, Linux, Basic Troubleshooting, Network Troubleshooting
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.