Robert Half International IT Manager in NEW YORK, New York
Description Responsibilities and Duties:
● Provide management, direction, and leadership for our high performing global IT Helpdesk team
● Work closely with operations and business leads to ensure timely and appropriate remediation of issues and visibility into any problems or areas of concern
● Manages the incident queue so that IT Helpdesk issues are driven to closure and SLAs aren't exceeded
● Work closely with India IT Operations team to streamline and improve onboarding, conversion/promotion and offboarding
● Monitors and responds to negative IT survey responses for the Helpdesk team
● Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the Helpdesk workload/performance and identify trends in Helpdesk issues. Promptly reports anomalies to the IT Director
● Work with IT Purchasing & Finance to ensure proper PO, invoicing and billing is accurate regarding all equipment purchases
● Manage the receiving, purchasing and inventory control of IT equipment.
● Provide individual guidance to the IT Helpdesk team for career development through mentorship
● Ability to be hands-on and deal with daily tickets and projects when necessary
● Be on call and able to manage critical issues outside normal work hours
● In addition to solving day to day issues, you'll be responsible for understanding why they occur and providing long-term solutions to prevent them from happening again.
● Aid in training the IT Helpdesk staff in effective troubleshooting techniques and root cause analysis
● Serve as a technical lead on projects involving our Global Helpdesk team. When needed, you'll be the hands, eyes, and ears of other teams to provide hands-on assistance for systems and applications.
● Ensure that all policies and procedures for communication and escalation of incidents and issues are followed, and that the IT Helpdesk team is up to date with industry standard policies and protocols
● Suggest recommendations based on requests from various departments and locations, run the required research, and test various potential solutions on a global scale
Qualifications & Skills:
● 5+ years in Helpdesk manager role
● Strong customer service
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
● ITIL Foundations Certification (preferred)
● Hands-on experience with Zendesk.
● Advance knowledge on technology such as: OKTA, G Suite, O365, Jamf, Intune, Mac and Windows
● Demonstrated history of project management
● Ability to coach and mentor team members
● An eye for finding areas to improve and implement process
● Strong and confident communication across departments and all levels of management
● Ability to manage Helpdesk employees with scheduling, ticket assignments, ticket escalation, and general day-to-day direction.
● Experience with IT process improvements and methodologies is preferred Requirements ITIL Processes, Microsoft Office 365, JAMF Casper Suite
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.