Robert Half International Legal Assistant in NEW YORK, New York
Litigation Legal Assistant
A prominent business litigation law firm has a great opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated Legal Assistant who is looking to grow their legal career. If you are a motivated self-starter and standout colleague with good computer skills and ability to multi-task, with a real passion for the legal industry, this may be the position for you.
How you will make an impact
· Preparation of various documents and correspondence
· E-file using NYSCEF and Pacer
· Maintain case calendar and monitor deadlines
· Reformat, revise and spellcheck all litigation documents
· Create Table of Contents and Table of Authorities using Styles
· File hard copies of documents and maintain electronic document system
· Assist in administrative tasks such as maintaining office files, scanning and faxing documents
What we're looking for
• 10+ years of previous work experience in a business litigation law firm
• Experience e-filing using NYSCEF and Pacer
• Knowledge of the New York Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
• Excellent phone etiquette and ability to establish rapport with diverse clientele
• Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
• Eagerness to learn quickly
• Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
About Robert Half Legal
Located in North America and major cities around the world, Robert Half Legal is the premier provider of legal staffing and consulting solutions on a full-time, project, and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide project and eDiscovery teams and workspace for a wide range of initiatives, including litigation support, mergers and acquisitions and document review matters. Our dedicated teams' industry experience allows us to quickly match skilled legal professionals with the best available jobs. We offer challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and skills-enhancement training.
© 2021 Robert Half Legal. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.