Robert Half International Manager of Software Engineering in NEW YORK, New York
Description I am urgently recruiting for a software engineering manager to oversee teams of developers working on cutting-edge technologies. My customer has a growing portfolio of brands and you can help us tackle the challenge of scaling startup products alongside established ones.
If you feel you qualify after reading the below requirements, contact me at 516-410-0657. Attach a Word version of your resume and call me.
What You’d Get to Do
● Manage teams of high-performing engineers delivering innovative solutions from design to release across multiple platforms.
● Recruit, full-time and train other engineers and engineering managers in the organization.
● Lead and participate in the design, development, and release of a standardized stack of services across the company.
● Work in concert with our leadership team to set and execute a high-level engineering strategy.
● Ensure strong communication and feedback loops between Engineering and the rest of the company.
● Foster a culture of autonomy, ownership, and innovation across the team.
The Example You Would Set
● Lead by example by creating elegant and maintainable code with few defects.
● Mentor more entry level developers on your team on how to balance writing good clean tested code and achieving business goals.
● Work with other engineering leadership to ensure the quality of code, code review, test, and documentation.
● Balance business needs with customer satisfaction.
● Steer teams through difficult problems using your technical and leadership expertise.
● Apply the right tool to the right job at the right time.
● Flourish while working in a rapidly changing environment.
● Be a great teammate; committed to learning, developing the team, and yourself.
● Set and achieve the highest standards by promoting working hard as a team.
● Have a track record of taking initiative across multiple areas or teams.
● Recognize, celebrate and reward high-impact work.
● Above all else, you must be a bar-raiser: top-flight technical skills, the ability to lead engineering groups, and a track record of success working with Product and Executive teams to push development forward
What You Bring to the Table
● 8+ years of experience developing large-scale, customer-facing web applications, APIs, microservices, and mobile applications. Ideally, you would have started as an individual contributor writing code before transitioning to senior management roles.
● 4+ years of experience building and managing engineering teams leveraging lean/agile methodologies.
● Experience with mentoring developers, guiding them through career paths, and empowering them to make decisions.
● Experienced in multiple full-stack environments and frameworks. What we have in production today includes PHP, Ruby, Rails, Go, Python, React, Ember, iOS, and Android.
● Thorough understanding of enterprise architecture including networking systems, database optimizations, API integrations, and deployment methodologies.
● Strong communicator who can simplify technical concepts for non-technical partners, and explain business needs to the tech team in a way that inspires and guides them.
● Proven technology leadership. Strong written and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and self-discipline. Requirements PHP Python, Python Scripting, Ruby on Rails, React, Apple iOS, Android iOS
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.