Robert Half Paralegal in New York, New York
Our client, an NYC-based realty trust with an extensive portfolio, is seeking a Real Estate Paralegal. The Real Estate Paralegal will work directly with and support the Chief Counsel, Real Estate, and the Senior Real Estate Paralegal in handling a variety of real estate matters, including transaction documents and written and oral communication with other departments within the company, external counsel, tenant’s and counterparty’s counsel, and government agencies.
• Track, support and report action and calendar deadlines on:
• leasing matters;
• real estate transactions (e.g., acquisitions, financings, etc.);
• litigation, insurance and tax matters.
• Draft basic legal documents related to leasing and commercial real estate matters.
• Summarize and abstract lease agreements and other real estate documents regarding:
• economic terms;
• landlord and tenant rights, remedies and/or obligations;
• critical dates.
• Assist in review of “draft” and final LOC security deposits and related lease provisions.
• Coordinate the lease signing process, sublease consent process, and related approvals from other departments within the company.
• Assist with updates of standard operating procedures for all leasing related activities.
• Provide status of all matters as requested.
• Organize/file legal documents.
• Assist in invoice processing through BrightFlag application.
• Participate in monthly meetings re: collection efforts on tenant accounts across the portfolio.
• Additional responsibilities as directed.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
• Has knowledge of real estate law and procedures.
• Eager to learn new matters and values importance of learning and improving, as well as recognizing importance of procedural and administrative tasks.
• Displays flexible approach to problem-solving.
• Positive attitude and willingness to follow guidelines and protocols.
• Shows high level of professionalism and respect to colleagues.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple parties, including attorneys, real estate brokers and tenants.
It is an excellent chance to develop case management skills, client relationships and provide training to support staff as well. Additionally, the organization is willing to provide you with competitive compensation. Are you determined to grow your paralegal career? Contact us today to learn how!
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.