Robert Half Site Engineer in NEW YORK, New York
Description Virtu’s Site Reliability/Core Operations Engineers form a small, fast-paced global team dedicated to managing the deployment, maintenance, and enhancement of a sophisticated electronic trading system operating on hundreds of venues around the world. They are positioned at the very forefront of our technology’s interaction with the financial markets, requiring them to work well under high-stress situations and have an ability to react decisively and quickly in time-sensitive situations.
Our Site Reliability/Core Operations Engineers operate at a high-level in a Windows/Linux environment to solve complex technical problems and work with traders and exchanges to understand micro-market structure. A strong interest in the markets and technology is a must. This is a unique job opportunity to become an integral part of a fast-paced electronic trading environment.
MUST have skills:
• Working with financial systems or knowledge of the global financial market place
• Competence in at least one programming language – preferably Python / Bash / Perl / Go or similar.
• Experience with OMS/ESM order flow
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with configuration management platforms (i.e. Ansible, Puppet or Salt)
• Knowledge of networking, both TCP and UDP
• Excellent working knowledge of Windows/Linux environments
• Ability to be cool under pressure and at ease in high-stress, time-sensitive environments
• Interest in high transaction environments and/or low-latency systems.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong academic record
• Technical agility; interest in innovative technologies
• Preferably 2-3 years working experience, but we will also consider strong graduates for this position Requirements Python, Bash Scripting, Microsoft Windows, Linux System Administration
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.