Robert Half Sn. Risk Manager in NEW YORK, New York
Description My client is a global investment firm with over 5,000 employees. They are seeking for their NYC office a SN. Risk Manager to join the team. This is a high exposure position.
The role will cover:
[Middle Office Function]
• Monitors derivatives and physical commodity positions, and make mark-to-market valuation.
• Analyzes commodity market, strategy and positions of business departments. Provides advice to business departments from a risk management perspective. Makes analytical reports to management.
• Makes mark-to-market valuation of financial derivatives, such as interest rate swaps and fixed rate loans
• Supports accounting department in quarterly closing, such as verifying the accuracy of derivatives asset/liability together with business departments
• Monitors derivatives and physical commodity positions of subsidiaries and makes appropriate advice to them.
• Performs back testing and stress testing and evaluates appropriateness of risk analysis system.
[Back Office Advisory Support]
• Monitors daily margin settlement status with clearing brokers and back up when necessary.
• Monitors daily futures trades/statement reconciliation status and provides advices to resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Monitors monthly closing status and provides advices for accurate bookkeeping and cash settlement.
• Studies and establishes margin settlement structure for new business opportunities.
[Market Risk Management]
• Provides business departments and its subsidiaries with advice on internal applications for commodity and forex long short position limits. Assesses and verifies such internal applications.
• Analyzes commodity and forex long short positions and its subsidiaries, provides appropriate advice to them, confirms positions are within the limits, and makes monthly analysis reports to management
Exceptional communications skills are required. A great dynamic personality and the ability to work along your fellow colleagues is crucial. He or she must be able to effectively collaborate with individuals both inside and outside the company.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume in a word document to Kevin.Chin@Roberthalf Requirements
Competencies / Technical Skills:
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong analytical and organization skills.
· Strong will to go through difficulties to improve matters.
· Ability to involve people and obtain their support to improve matters.
· Strong sense of responsibility and perseverance.
· Advanced Excel skills (including formulas, pivot tables, design and maintenance of spreadsheets, etc.).
· Ability to adapt to a cross-cultural environment.
· Advanced understanding of commodity physical/derivatives trading and segregation of duties
· General knowledge of international trade of physical products.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Minimum six (6) years of business experience overall including a minimum of three (3) years in accounting, finance, and/or middle office and back office of commodity physical/derivatives trading.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.