Robert Half Sr. Software Engineer in NEW YORK, New York
Description Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
You MUST have:
•2-3 years of industrial experience in ML / DL / CL related field and have led / participated building a commercial CV application at scale
• Advanced proficiency in Python
• Familiarity with CV and DL fundamentals such as feature extraction, CNNs, supervised machine learning, and transfer learning
• Deep understanding in one of the two ML / DL framework: Tensorflow, Pytorch
• Familiarity with traditional CV technologies like OpenCV
• Familiarity with GPUs + CUDA
• Can build a solution from scratch end-to-end
Plus to have:
• PhD / Master degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Familiarity with compression / optimization of DL models like TensorRT
You are ready to:
• Design and implement custom computer vision algorithms and architectures for commercial product recognition
• Collaborate with hardware team to better apply CV and DL technologies into embedded system
• Conquer the World!
• Competitive salary with equity
• Attractive Health Benefits
• Weekly catered-lunch
• Unlimited snacks
• Unlimited PTO Requirements Python, TensorFlow
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.