Robert Half Staff Accountant in NEW YORK, New York
This full-time Staff Accountant position is within a reputable public accounting firm. This position can offer you strong compensation, excellent benefits, and career advancement. Our client is looking for an ambitious, detail-oriented Staff Accountant for a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort. The ideal candidate for this position is comfortable with the below.
• Engage with partners and with clients in all aspects of accounting and finance operations for clients in various industries.
• Work with confidential firm and personnel matters, requires the ability to keep matters confidential.
• Maintain the accounting systems and operations of clients throughout the accounting cycles. Included are transaction identification, account analysis, journal entries, reconciliations and reporting.
• Prepare payroll, sales tax and commercial rent tax returns, and other filings as appropriate.
• Respond to ad hoc client requests and inquiries.
• Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested.
• Review daily accounting mail, including notices and disbursements.
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the firm administrator or partners.
• Prepare business entity tax returns for various industries as appropriate.
• Minimum of 2-3 years combined experience in public accounting and business controllerships
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent business discipline
• Thorough understanding of all accounting cycles i.e. identify transactions, record journal entries, trial balance adjustments, reconciliations, assist with the financial statement process, and year-end closing
• Proficiency in QuickBooks and other accounting software programs
If interested, please apply directly or contact allie.aronson@roberthalf
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.