Robert Half Director - Legal, Manufacturing & Procurement in Newark, Delaware
Our client, an alternative energy company, is looking for a Director - Legal, Manufacturing & Procurement to join their team in Newark, DE.
This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today's most exciting technologies. In this Director-level position, you will serve as a primary attorney for key technology engineering, procurement & supply chain, and manufacturing teams and partner with these teams to develop, procure, manufacture and deploy technogies worldwide. The person serving in this role will: (i) structure, draft, and negotiate agreements; and (ii) counsel internal business clients on matters and issues across the manufacturing and procurement & supply chain spectrum, including joint-development and other technology-focused matters. Additional responsibilities of this position include formulation and implementation of process-oriented improvements, administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling of pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide legal advice to Procurement & Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Engineering teams on joint development agreements, manufacturing agreements, strategic sourcing and supply agreements, indirect sourcing, and logistics agreements.
• Support product managers and technical teams with legal advice during product design and development on issues related to procurement & supply chain coordination.
• Lead agreement-making process and develop and maintain ongoing relationships with external manufacturing and supply chain vendors, including directly negotiating with partners and suppliers.
• Draft and maintain forms/templates for a variety of procurement & supply chain agreements including detailed negotiation position documents.
• Develop processes and procedures for direct and indirect procurement.
• Provide training to internal customers on a variety of legal issues.
• Manage supply-side legal operations and processes, including: (i) template agreements, playbooks, and back-off positions, (ii) supply-contract database, and (iii) contract activity monitoring and metrics.
• Provide strategic and practical legal advice and subject matter expertise on a range of relevant supply-side legal, regulatory, and operational matters, including:
• Security of supply
• Supplier risk management on corruption and anti-bribery matters
• Information security and data privacy
• Corporate social responsibility
• Procurement policies and procedures for both direct and indirect procurement
• Conflict Minerals, trade compliance, and related regulatory matters.
Skills and Experience:
• Degree in Law (JD / LLB) from an accredited law school.
• Member in good standing of at least one state or provincial bar association.
• 10 or more years of legal experience as a commercial transactions attorney (with at least four years at a law firm); in-house experience in a technology company is a plus.
• Global procurement and manufacturing experience.
• Intellectual property background and licensing experience is a plus.
• Patent licensing experience is a plus.
• International experience is a plus
Requirements - Strong communication and social skills and able to receive criticism well
Great attention to detail
Licensed attorney with 10+ years of experience
Stellar academic credentials and references
Desire to thrive in a high-paced environment, requiring exceptional organizational skills, juggling client matters, and adhering to strict deadlines
Must possess analytical, legal research and writing skills
Global Procurement experience required
Licensed Attorney experience desired
Proficiency in Global Supply Chain
Supply Chain Logistics experience preferred
Self-starters will find this to be a great opportunity to grow their legal careers. This opportunity comes with a competitive base salary, bonus potential and benefits package. We're calling all candidates who love working in a strong team-oriented environment. Anyone who wants to get their career moving in the right direction should contact us today!
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.