Robert Half Report Developer - Manager in Newark, New Jersey
Description ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop solutions that extract this information from a variety of data formats, including SQL tables and structured metadata.
Help drive a culture of continuous quality improvement through delivering current and accurate reports to enhance performance.
Establish and maintain standards and best practices for dashboards and related technologies. Work closely with RSDM leaders, faculty, students and staff to gather, evaluate and document the needs of end-users and translate them into prioritized system requirements.
Identify new tools and techniques to enable improved insight into business needs and performance.
Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced developers on BI reporting development lifecycle including tools, methodology and best practices. Provide support to user community.
Partner with researchers to determine needs, contribute to the IRB process and provide data in line with IRB requirements.
Directly and indirectly manage staff, performance management, and employee development.
Collaborate with other IT professionals throughout the University in support of RSDM goals and initiatives. Develop and maintain system documentation and procedures.
Promote system security and the confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees and business issues.
Remain abreast of technology direction and its relevance to the University mission via appropriate publications, formal training, attendance at meetings and conferences, and participation in professional organizations and societies at local, state and national levels.
Serve as an integral member of the IT leadership team: sharing the vision, demonstrating the values, supporting the philosophy, and being responsible to the missions of the University.
Create an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of people, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
Formulate and foster a quality service ethic for service excellence and superior client satisfaction, creating service level agreements where appropriate.
Ensure that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs
Perform other related duties as assigned. Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field. A minimum six (6) years of progressively more responsible experience in a related technology field with a report writing and/or data analysis capacity. Experience with Business Objects Crystal Report Writer is required. At least three (3) years of supervisory experience over full-time employees. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in the education, healthcare or research arenas. Equivalent education, experience and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirements.
· Experience with Business Objects Crystal Report Writer is required.
· Proficiency with Oracle systems and SQL developer is required.
· Proficiency with Tableau, Power BI or other data visualization tools is required. Experience designing and building dashboards is required.
· Critical thinking skills to assess reporting needs and take appropriate action is required. Demonstrated ability to translate technical information into terminology understood by all levels.
· Assertive, decisive, intuitive, professional, with well-developed interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability in prioritizing assignments, meeting deadlines, and handling simultaneous projects. Position requires a results oriented person with great attention to detail.
· Demonstrated experience interfacing and building relationships with key stakeholders.
· Possesses a general knowledge of applied statistics, and information systems.
· Ability to work effectively and independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to learn new technologies as the need arises.
Preferred qualifications include:
· Experience with clinical and/or research data models, knowledge of the reporting tools, and the creation of related reports is highly preferred.
· Experience with survey software, such as Qualtrics and REDCap a plus
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.