Robert Half International Senior Accountant in Newbury Park, California
Robert Half Direct is partnering with a leading publishing company seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team! This position requires 4+ years of accounting experience and a Bachelors degree in accounting or related discipline. The Senior Accountant will be supervising a team and requires previous management experience.
• Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including AR/AP
• Generate weekly reports that are submitted to corporate and executive staff.
• Responsible for the month-end close process including the processing of journal entries, balance sheet schedules, bank reconciliations, and other related close processes.
• Maintain the Fixed Asset software and reconcile to the general ledger
• Monthly fluctuation analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
• Presentation of monthly results to VP Finance and Sr. Vice President.
• Update Budget and Monthly financial statement workbooks
• Seek process improvements in routine tasks, schedules, and close processes.
• Collaborate cross functionally with department heads including Marketing and Editorial.
• Support VP Finance & Operations in the annual corporate audit process.
• Administration of Sales Tax Compliance across the US.
• Support the US business with its inventory control procedures.
• Monitoring of agreed KPIs in the business.
• Complete ad hoc analysis and projects, as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with a high GPA
• 4-8 years of general accounting experience with advancing responsibilities
• At least 2 years of supervisory experience
• Manufacturing and Inventory Control experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced Level Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Vlookups, pivot tables, IF formulas)
• Solid analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be analytical and data driven with ability to manipulate large amounts of data
• High attention to detail
• A GAAP guru: you possess solid working knowledge, along with experience working within the “Accounting standards”.
• A strong communicator: whether it’s verbal or written, your communication to your team, your manager and senior management must always be professional, clear and concise.
• People skills and team player
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Date Posted: February 17, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 31000-9502816720
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance