Robert Half Accounts Payable Specialist in Niles, Illinois
Description Robert Half is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist for a client in the northern suburbs. The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Controller. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for:
• Process and post all vendor bills to corresponding ledger code in accounting system
• Manage AP inbox, download/record the invoices/Bills in the ERP and start the approval process and fulfill payments upon due date
• Process ad-hoc payment requests and weekly check runs by initiating ACH, Wire and check payments that come due.
• Contact all vendors to request account statements, reconcile all transactions/bills and send weekly remittances after posting the payments.
• Update weekly and monthly AP activity reports
• Manage online accounts and make online payments for vendors that offer online account management platforms.
• Post all bills in accounting system for previous month by the 5th business day of the next month so management can close the previous period.
• Assist in reconciling bank statements near end of each month
• Assist Accounting team in the preparation of general ledger account reconciliations in relation to the month end close.
• General usage knowledge of American express portal & Concur portal.
• Upload CSV files to bank for ACH payments and check runs
• Download Employee credit card expense reports, post expenses and schedule payments on a monthly basis
• Processing commissions schedules and make payments to sales reps monthly
• Understand the AP function and how it impacts the business operations as a whole
• Maintain good relationship with vendors, accepting phone calls and assisting callers with payment allocation
Successful Accounts Payable Specialist will have:
• Associate degree or higher in Accounting. AP experience will be considered in lieu of education.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Based ERP systems /Business central/ Navision
• Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP brand knowledge.
• 3 + years of Accounts Payable experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel & Office user (Excel skills assessment may be given).
• Proven written and oral communication skills.
• Experience working in a deadline driven business is a plus
• Professional references who can speak to your Accounts Payable and organizing skills
If interested, please call Brian Keating at 331-264-5688. Requirements
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP)
Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel
D365 experience preferred
Proficiency in 3 Way Matching
Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, especially when interacting with those in the technical and financial backgrounds
3+ years of experience in an A/P role preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.