Robert Half Cost Controller in Norfolk, Virginia
The Financial Cost Analyst is responsible for all accounting functions, to include all day-to-day accounting, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, execution of financial close functions, periodic production of financial statements and reports, and preparation of month-end reporting and analysis. The controller will recommend and assist with development, automation and maintenance of accounting processes and procedures, and comprehensive internal controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. This position is required to direct the management and development of accounting staff and work effectively with subordinates, peers and senior management of all departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage the flow of cash and ensure that we are receiving adequate weekly funding to facilitate the vendors getting paid timely
• Co-ordinate finance audits, oversee the preparation of the agency budget, gather tax data for tax filings
• Research and validate accounting and other finance activities to ensure compliancy
• Reviewing monthly financials and reporting to ensure accuracy.
• Reviewing various reporting to ensure is completing the necessary work in order for customer receipts and vendor payments to be timely and accurate, correspond with FSSC for any areas that need attention.
• Management meetings, team meetings, internal/ external training, team building, staff management
• Direct, produce and ensure timely, accurate and complete financial reporting.
• Direct and ensure completion of all financial transactions and accounting operations in a timely and accurate manner.
• Development, implement and maintain a system of accounting policies/procedures and financial controls to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and minimize risk to the Company.
• Optimize the handling of bank, deposit and Group relationships and initiate strategies to enhance cash flow and ensure adequate weekly funding.
• Ability to drive collaborative management and development of all accounting staff
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• CPA certification required.
• 5 - 10 years general experience required
Requirements Balance Sheet Account, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation, General Ledger, Annual External Audit, Adjusting Journal Entries, P & L Calculation
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.