Robert Half Help Desk Analyst II in NORFOLK, Virginia
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software, and applications problems
• Resolve user-reported problems using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases
• Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolutions using the support system
• Act as a liaison between users and internal support staff members in order to assure accurate problem interpretation
• Provide after-hours and weekend phone support
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Five years of help-desk support experience
• Prior experience troubleshooting Windows workstations and servers as well as supporting proprietary software and peripherals under a variety of operating systems
• Extensive knowledge and prior experience troubleshooting all Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access)
• Proficiency with Windows and Apple platforms
• Proven familiarity with virtual private networks
• Proven outstanding organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively by phone and in person
• Proven ability to take initiative and act independently to resolve problems
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.