Robert Half Tax Sr. - Corporate in NORFOLK, Virginia
A large, international organization is seeking a Sr Corporate Tax professional to join its team. This role has strong potential for management opportunity in a few short years. If you are ready to take your corporate tax skills to the next level and become a Corporate Tax Department Manager, this role is for you.
• Research tax issues for review by management and analyze tax impact of proposed transactions.
• Prepare annual and semi-annual tax provisions.
• Respond to tax correspondence, including income, franchise, and excise tax.
• Manage and administer tax tickler file, including filing due dates, returns, payments, etc.
• Research and respond to requests concerning payroll taxes.
• Research and communicate tax law changes.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study with an emphasis on Accounting.
• 3-5 years of professional tax accounting experience.
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Pro-active attitude with team oriented, collaborative working style.
• Self-motivated and results driven with commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Commitment to build a network of internal relationships with a broad cross-section of the organization - leveraging organizational knowledge, resources and expertise.
• Assist in administering tax audits
• Assist with tax projects, including but not limited to: transfer pricing, R& D credits, provision automation implementation
• CPA or CPA eligible, preferred
Interested Candidates please contact Tamara Young 757-981-0974
Requirements Corporate Tax, Corporate Tax Compliance, Corporate Tax Return, Corporate Income Tax, Payroll Tax, Tax Audits, Income Tax Audits, CPA Eligible, CPA Designation
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.