Robert Half Cyber Security Analyst in Norman, Oklahoma
Description Essential Duties:
• Responsible for monitoring the cybersecurity systems.
• Responsible for securing online and on-premises infrastructures, filtering out suspicious activity, and finding and mitigating security risks before any breaches can occur.
• Leads efforts to counter cybersecurity breaches and anticipates and reduces the likelihood of future cybersecurity alerts, incidents, and disasters.
• Defines, plans, implements, maintains, and upgrades cybersecurity measures, policies, and controls.
• Ensures the cybersecurity systems are up to date. Installs and uses software such as firewalls and data encryption programs to protect sensitive information.
• Monitors cybersecurity access and maintains the relevant data.
• Conducts vulnerability testing and risk analyses to assess cybersecurity. Performs internal and external cybersecurity audits.
• Analyzes cybersecurity breaches to identify the cause and to update incidence responses and disaster recovery plans.
• Assist in conducting internal investigations in accordance with established policies and Incident Response playbooks.
• Participate in the implementation of a complete set of incident response workflows, including automation and vulnerability response.
• Leverage legal, compliance, and privacy experts as needed to consult and advise on actions regarding regulatory aspects of incidents
• Test procedures regularly with internal teams.
• Mitigate operational risks and bring them to an acceptable level for management.
• Develop, maintain, and document operational analysis processes operational vulnerability management processes and procedures.
• Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
The position will be located on OUHSC or Norman campus with a hybrid work model option for experienced candidates.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND:
• 24 months experience in IT Cyber Security Administration or a related field
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the bachelor's degree for a total of 72 months experience.
• Ability to work in a high-stress environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and teaching skills.
• Advanced anticipation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to remain current on the latest technology and best practices in information cybersecurity.
• Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information.
• Knowledge of ports and services typical in configuration of web servers, file servers, and workstations.
• Demonstrated understanding of Windows/Mac/Linux operating system and infrastructure vulnerability scanning and configuration.
• Knowledge of and experience with the CVE program, Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), and other industry specific vulnerability classification standards, frameworks, and best practices.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
• Physical: Sit for prolonged periods. Ability to engage in repetitive motions. Manual dexterity. Communicates effectively and listens.
• Environmental: Office Work Environment. May be on call outside of normal business hours.
• Experience with EDR technologies a plus.
• Experience supporting enterprise vulnerability management a plus
• Understanding of network services, vulnerabilities, and attacks a plus
• Knowledge of application exploits and vulnerabilities a plus Requirements Cyber Risk, Cyber Security, Cyber security policies, Cyber security standards, Cyber Threats Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.