Robert Half International Human Resources Generalist in Northbrook, Illinois
OfficeTeam has an exciting long term, remote opportunity for an HR Generalist with a fast growing startup. Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing trainings, administering employee benefits and leaves and crafting HR policies. You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
The goal is to ensure our clients HR department's operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
• Provide leadership, direction, and counsel to hiring managers and employees
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with the ability to influence appropriately.
• Collaborate with Senior Leaders to formulate proactive programs and services that align with the mission/vision and support the organization’s goals.
• Manage the onboarding of new employees, from paperwork to orientation
• Identify business needs and develop plans for resolution.
• Work closely with Accounting for payroll, invoices, and contract related tasks
• Ensure compliance with all Federal and local statutes involving employment.
• Create and implement internal standards for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the HR function.
• Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
• 3+ years of HR or related experience
• Bachelors Degree or HR/SHRM certification
• Startup experience or experience working in a fast paced company highly preferred
• Must possess strong business acumen
• Demonstrates commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
• Equity mindset: Demonstrates the values of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion
• Proven ability to effectively interface and operate with executive level management.
• Ability to adjust rapidly to new strategies and approaches for building support in a fast-moving environment
• In-depth knowledge of and understanding of HR practices and employment law.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your nearest OfficeTeam location at 888.490.4154 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/officeteam to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $22.00 - $26.00 / Hourly
Location: Northbrook, IL
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01330-9502726504
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative