Robert Half Systems Security Engineer in Norwood, Massachusetts
An international firm with a major office located in Massachusetts is looking to add to their security team. This role is to help observe the environment and covers cloud, networking, intrusion detection, etc... Your role will be to identify security issues and help to fix them typically through scripting and automation work. We are looking for someone who knows how to automate and write scripts to speed up the processes. Someone who can notice patterns and create consistency in the support processes. If you've enjoyed finding security issues and helping creating automated systems around them. Ideally some ServiceNow experience would be a plus. This is a large environment with over 10,000 end points with constant threats coming in.
• 3+ years of experience with Incident Response or Security Operations Center (SOC) teams
• 3+ years of experience with a scripting or programming language
• Experience with API development and integration
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Ability to demonstrate excellent computer science fundamentals
• BA or BS degree or 4+ years of experience with Cyber work
• Support and improve our security incident response and other security operations functions
• Apply knowledge of monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to Cyber events and incidents for information systems and networks in an automated capacity
• Build security tooling and automation for internal use that enable the Security Operations Team to operate at high speed and wide scale
• Define and own metrics and key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the Security Automation program
• Advise, design, and develop dynamic Cyber defenses and leverage Cybersecurity solutions to deliver security automation and orchestration capabilities, including automated threat hunting, contextual enrichment through threat intelligence, situational awareness of network and system intrusions, security event and alert prioritization, and incident response actions
• 3 years previous experience on a Security Operations, Software Development, Automation team, or relevant education
• Solid understanding of Internet security issues, automation or software engineering technologies
• Coding, scripting, automation: Hands on scripting/coding experience with one or more languages
• Linux Experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.