Robert Half Accounts Receivable in Novato, California
Robert Half is partnering with a well respected NON-PROFIT in Sonoma County. The Accounts Receivable Clerk position is a contract to full time opportunity with a fantastic company that boasts a low attrition, and a great employee culture!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Produce monthly invoices for contracts and grants, ensuring accuracy of data and the completeness of supporting documentation
▪ Maintain invoice files, grant trackers, workbooks and other financial tracking tools ▪ Monitor grant spending and expense coding to the correct grant number
▪ Track report deadlines and prepare/coordinate reports as requested by grantors
▪ Produce reports of grant expenses and remaining balances upon request
▪ Maintain documentation in support of regulations and company policy, and in anticipation of regular audits
▪ Ensure that a fully executed copy of the contract is on file for each job billed
▪ Email invoices and maintain professional communication with job sponsors and staff
▪ Follow up on aged receivables
▪ Prepare Accounts Receivable batch into the accounting system
▪ Work with Senior Accountant and Controller as needed
▪ Light general ledger work, with room for growth
▪ Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
▪ 2 years of related experience, prior non-profit experience desired
▪ Familiarity with job cost tracking across multiple cost codes desired
▪ Comfortable using multiple Excel workbooks with knowledge of Excel functions and formulas
▪ Ability to identify process inefficiencies and propose solutions
▪ Experience using different accounting software (desired) and Microsoft Office
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate professional communication
▪ Have a strong eye for errors and inconsistencies
▪ Independent self-starter, with superior attention to detail and completeness
▪ Ability to work quickly and under pressure to meet deadlines while able to multitask
▪ Must have strong organizational skills and meticulous record-keeping
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.