Robert Half Divisional/Plant Controller in OAKBROOK TERRACE, Illinois
Robert Half is working with an exciting client to add a Plant Controller to the team.
The Plant Controller will have the following responsibilites:
• Analyzes data related to contribution margin results which includes inventory consumption, utilization of manufacturing processes, and direct labor absorption
• Collaborates with the R& D, Operations and Operational Excellence departments to manage, plan, organize and track all direct costs associated with making a product
• Investigates, explains, and supports variance analysis of direct labor, material usage and purchase price
• Participates in monthly financial review meetings
• Assures accurate costing standards are maintained and kept current in all systems; updates bill-of-material and labor routing as needed, including yearly standard updates tied to the plan/budget
• Prepares or reviews monthly journal entries to provide an accurate representation of financial performance; participates in month-end and year-end accounting close process
• Prepares various components of the monthly financial statement package including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow, including comparison to plan/budget and prior actuals when requested
• Completes various monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
• Leads manufacturing cost accounting activities surrounding cost estimates by working closely with the R& D, Engineering, Operational Excellence and Operations departments to analyze job and inventory costing standards
• Works with Sales and Marketing to develop various analytics along the lines of business segment, center, channel profitability, or other aspects deemed insightful
• Develops and reviews product pricing with Sales Department
• Prepares and completes key performance indicator reporting/metrics
• Assists in the creation and vetting of the annual plan/budget process, working with Sales, Operational Excellence and Operations on contribution margin items
• Provides support and actively engages the Sales, Operations, Procurement and Accounting departments as needed by attending meetings, conducting annual review of SKU profitability module, cost and trend analysis, special analysis or other projects
• Updates the financial model monthly with actual results and new forecasts on an as needed basis to establish financial projections
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other Business related field.
CPA is a plus.
Standard Cost Accounting, Manufacturing Cost Accounting, Cost Analysis, Cost Allocation, Cost Accounting, Plant Operation, Monthly Financial Reporting, Monthly Financial Reports, Prepare Financial Reports, Month End Close, Budgeting - Forecasting, SAP, Microsoft Excel
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.