Robert Half Accounting Assistant in Oakland, California
Accounting assistant needed at well established and stable Energy Solutions firm in Oakland! The accounting assistant will be responsible for processing the company's monthly revenue and billing in accordance with contract rates and company policy. The employee must be detail-oriented and have strong analytical and organization skills. Entry level college graduate are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Project set-up in Vision ensuring proper revenue recognition and accurate monthly billings
· Ensure complete client back-up documentation is provided for prompt client payment including timesheets, TECs, TARs, etc.
· Booking of monthly unit entries to properly segregate project versus indirect costs
· Monthly reconciliation and variance explanation for AR and, WIP
· Process consultant invoices in accordance to contract rates and policies
· Handle follow-up and collection of outstanding AR invoices
· Ensure client invoices are paid within 90 days or initiate management meetings with client as necessary
· Provide comments/ explanations for outstanding AR
· Handle monthly financial reports
· Assist with other monthly close activities such as reconciliations and variances explanations for expense accounts
· Assist with related special projects and reports as requested by Management and Project Managers
Effective written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team
Strong problem-solving and organizational skills; ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment
Detail oriented, positive professional attitude
· Strong work ethic and keen sense of urgency
· BS/BA degree in Accounting or Business Administration (equivalent combination of education and experience) preferred
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel required)
· Project Accounting experience preferred
· Perform multiple tasks effectively
· Strong analytical skills required
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.