Robert Half Financial Analyst/Manager in Oakland, California
Description Finance Manager
• Assists preparation of monthly and annual financial accounting close
• Assists in the development, maintenance of the technical accounting policy, procedures and internal controls in accordance with US GAAP
• Acts as the primary liaison to external auditors
• Provides reporting and analysis of financial results, forecasting and reporting process to the VP Finance
• Assists to manage new technology implementation and trains staff on the application of new technology (BC, Power BI, etc.)
• Develops modeling tools for financial analysis
• Leads the Corporate budget process for all departments collaborating with team executives and the CEO and VP Finance
• Supports the back-up submission for the annual tax preparation
• Assists in the streamlining and continuous improvement process of financial reporting and analysis
• Performs ad hoc analysis and reporting
• Performs other duties as required
• Oversees and own the development of the monthly financial forecast that incorporates current businesses trends and businesses strategies while working closely with Business Units
• Leads monthly P& L reviews by recapping results vs plan and forecast and prepare monthly variance reports for business owners
• Identifies, develops and implements enhancements to existing reporting and business processes
• Creates and maintains SQL and Power BI sales reports
• Oversees monthly commissions calculation, statement generation and approval
• Oversees credit analysis process
• Assists Finance Manager managing consolidation of subsidiary companies’ accounts, currency translation and related issues
• Assists the Finance Manager Review purchase and sales transactions to assure accurate classification and matching of revenues and costs. Research issues and problems relating to sales and cost of sales reporting.
• Assists the Finance Manager in the setup of financial accounts, reporting structure, cost, revenue recognition, etc. in our ERP
• Backup AP/AR and Treasury (JR) as needed
• Assists Financial Manager as needed
• Assists in special project for the CFO as needed Requirements Month-end Close Activities, Annual Close Processes, Financial Analysis, Budgeting - Forecasting, Ad Hoc Financial Analysis, Ad Hoc Reporting, Analyze Financial Statements, US GAAP, Credit Analysis, Compensation - Commissions, System Enhancements, SQL, Power BI, MS Dynamics 365 Business Central
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.