Robert Half HRIS Operations Manager in Oakland, California
Description Global Organization is seeking an HRIS Operations Manager. You will be the domain expert for all HR and Payroll processes in the Americas region, including leading the HR Assist and Payroll teams. In this role, you will also be responsible to investigate and provide guidance and resolutions regarding HR operations to both managers and employees. You will Partner with HR teams to troubleshoot and analyze work process design and flow, improve processes, and demonstrate the return on technological capabilities.
Regionally lead the day-to-day operations of the HR Services Team as well as initiating and supporting projects to improve efficiency and accuracy of payroll processes and providing a delightful employee experience. Core responsibilities include:
• Reporting to the Head of Global HR Services, you will influence the design and configuration of our Payroll and HR Shared services systems. You will be the escalation point for the HR Leadership team in the Americas and troubleshoot upstream/downstream systems issues.
• Assessing activities and processing within the Payroll Unit and making necessary changes to improve operations on an ongoing basis.
• Oversee and approving payroll processing, ensuring all processes are followed for accuracy.
• Manage reporting and testing to implement HR solutions to drive adoption and ease of use.
• Provide subject matter expertise and leadership on People systems in the functional aspect of system design.
• Continuously identify trends and gaps within our systems landscape and lead ongoing efforts for process improvement, system enhancements, and/or new applications that make progress toward the long-term vision of People Systems.
• Act as liaison between People Team and IT and/or 3rd party systems vendors.
• Oversees functional testing for all HR system fixes, upgrades, patches, and other maintenance
• Primary production support for Core HCM (Oracle) and other HR modules business processes
• Provide appropriate auditing and monitoring of HR data and Support audit and compliance efforts, where necessary.
• 6+ years of payroll systems implementation experience with core HCM experience required
• HCM configuration experience with In-depth knowledge of Oracle HCM products.
• Experience with payroll systems (prefer Kronos and ADP experience).
• Strong experience with understanding and scoping business processes, SWOT analysis & reporting, and working knowledge of Advanced Compensation, Benefits, Onboarding, Absence Management, Adaptive Insights, EIBs, and Integrations
• Functional knowledge of HR Business Processes (Benefits, Compensation, Learning, Performance/Talent, Recruiting)
• Understanding of Oracle HCM concepts (Position Management, Organizations, Hierarchy, Supervisory Orgs, Staffing Models, Support Model)
If you are interested in being part of a great team, please apply. Requirements Labor Law
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.