Robert Half International Tax Accountant – Family Office in Oakland, California
Please email your resume to Ren Friedman, CPA (ren-friedman-cpa-70a3987) or call (415) 434-1900 extension 21262 to be considered for the opportunity below.
Our client is the office that manages the business, personal, and philanthropic affairs of an ultra-high net worth family in San Francisco. The Foundation’s mission is to support innovative social change and social justice globally. They are a larger office with about 65 people and each team has a lot of tenure and loyalty with the family. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your accounting exposure and knowledge base and learn from some truly dedicated and savvy finance professionals. They have a gorgeous new office and take great care of their people!
The position: The Tax Accountant is a newly created role due to growth. The existing tax team has two Tax Managers, one Senior Tax Manager, and a Director of Tax. There is also regular interaction, scheduled and unscheduled, with the family and the rest of the family office team in San Francisco.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Preparation of K-1 activity journal entries and year-end closing entries; preparation of journal entries related to tax accounting; and preparation of monthly partnership accounting for investment partnerships.
· Support the tax planning, compliance, and preparation efforts for family members and their related partnerships, trusts, estates, charitable entities and investments as needed.
· Preparation of trust, individual, partnership, LLC, corporate, foundation, and gift tax returns and work papers as needed
TAX ACCOUNTANT Candidate Profile:
· 1+ years of tax experience in either partnership, trust, individual, or corp
· CPA or EA is NOT needed. It would be nice to see someone who wants to get their CPA or EA. Shows dedication to the profession
· Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness with confidential info
· Motivated self-starter, Deadline Orientated, Multi-task, Organized and attention to detail
· Don’t want someone who wants to climb the ladder – the work will keep this individual challenged and engaged, with great compensation and learning opportunity! If you feel like you are running into a dead end with career and learning growth, they will help you find a better opportunity!
Why should you work here?
Team Dynamic: Extremely nice people, collaborative and supportive environment, values teamwork, patient, appreciative of each other’s work
The work complex: Several income producing entities, different types of companies, large amount of money they are managing, will be exposed to a variety of accounting work
Leadership is really good at knowledge sharing
100% medical, dental, vision coverage for EE and family
15% employer contribution to 401K
$5K per year donor advised fund
PTO: 3 weeks, 1 week of sick time
Paid cell phone $150/month
Paid professional development course (CPE, CPA, etc.)
Perks mean so much to this company and they are very committed to providing amazing benefits for employees and families, free lunches, encouraging professional development, great 401K plan, and fantastic PTO policy. For details on salary, benefits and more detail, Please email your resume to Ren Friedman, CPA (ren-friedman-cpa-70a3987) or call (415) 434-1900 extension 21262 to be considered for the opportunity.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Location: Oakland, CA
Date Posted: February 21, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00412-9502860464
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance