Robert Half Corporate Compliance Accountant in Omaha, Nebraska
The Tax & Corporate Compliance Accountant is responsible for managing all aspects of corporate income tax return filings, estimated income tax payments, sales tax compliance and filings, payroll tax compliance, regulatory compliance, and coordinating annual insurance renewals for all North American companies of ATG (“ATG NA”). ATG NA currently utilizes the services of Alvarez & Marsal (“A& M”) for income tax, Ernst & Young (“EY”) for sales tax, ADP for payroll tax, CT Corporation for regulatory compliance, and Arthur J. Gallagher (“AJG”) for insurance. This position will be responsible for liaising with and managing the vendors to ensure all filings are completed accurately and timely.
• Gather, create, and provide to A& M schedules and other information necessary to complete the Federal and State corporate income tax filings and estimated tax payments.
• Review Federal and State income tax returns for accuracy and ensure timely filing.
• Review estimated tax payment computations for accuracy and ensure payments are made timely.
• Provide information to EY as requested to assist in their preparation of all sales tax returns.
• Ensure timely filing of all sales tax returns.
• Complete registration forms as required.
• Assist the Human Resources department with all issues related to payroll tax filings including Federal and State income tax withholding and state unemployment.
• Coordinate with CT Corporation to ensure all state regulatory filings such as annual corporate reporting and franchise tax returns are completed accurately and filed timely.
• Respond to all information requests related to tax and compliance efforts.
• Ensure all insurance policies are renewed timely.
• Gather information necessary and complete annual insurance applications as requested by AJG.
• Review all notices received from the various regulatory entities and resolve/respond as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Advanced knowledge of corporate income tax, sales tax, payroll tax, and corporate compliance
• Detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks, adapt to change, and take responsibility for a professional workload
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Ability to solve issues and problems as they arise
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work through complex issues methodically
• Ability to anticipate and react in a dynamic business environment
• Ability to comprehend and execute instructions and information with accuracy
• Ability to work additional hours as needed based on workload and management requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree with an Accounting Emphasis
• CPA Preferred
• 5-7 years’ experience in corporate taxation and compliance
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Requirements Gathering Requirements, Create Agendas, Create Content, Create Reports, Create Spreadsheets, Create Presentations, Create Table, Review Tax Returns, Federal Tax, Federal Tax Return, Federal Taxes, Annual Tax, Annual Income Tax Provision, Annual Tax, Annual Tax Provision, Complex Tax, Complex Tax Return, Consolidated Tax Return, Corporate Income Tax, Corporate Tax, Corporate Tax Compliance, Corporate Tax Department, Corporate Tax Return, Domestic Tax, Deferred Tax, Estate Tax Return, Domestic Tax, CCH Sales Tax, Monthly Sales Tax, Sales Tax, Sales Tax Returns, Registration Forms, Registration Process, Registration Statements, Registration Process, Registration Forms, Registration Statements, HRIS - Human Resources Info Systems, Human Resources (HR) Administration, Insurance Policy, Data Gathering, Requirements Gathering, Requirements Gathering Sessions
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.